Our Biggest Blessing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

March 2010

March was all about preparing for baby's arrival!  I had a shower in Auburn that my two sweet step-sisters and my best friends from college threw for me.  My mom was able to come down from Richmond for a few days which was great!  And I got to see the rest of the "fab five" (AND their mini-me's!) for the weekend!  What a great time!

The party hostesses:  Lindsay Draney (& Caroline!), Jenny Marlowe, April Jones, Amy Piedmont (& Ellie), me, Tricia Peterson, April Shafer, & Nancy Bendinger

THE cutest outfit!  a gift from my Mimi

Such a cute bib & burp cloth, from my fellow beach bum Grandmother Jaynie :)

Mitchell's Grandmother Jaynie & Grandmama Celeste

sweet Dalton Bendinger

YUMMY petit fors (I think I ate about 10!!)

beautiful table and great pic of one of the diaper cakes that my mom made for me!  she is so creative!

I also had a great shower in Manchester that my wonderful friends that I've made here (Margaret, Sissy, Tiffany, Morgan, Tyre, Whitney, & Suze) threw for me.  Unfortunately, I had reached the point where I was not just getting miserably uncomfortable, but also REALLY forgetful!  So...I have no pictures from that    shower! :(

I DO have these gorgeous maternity pictures to share though!  These were taken by our super talented friend Kim Foster, who is an amazing photographer.  We took these pictures at the Parham farm in Durand.  This beautiful land and farmhouse has been in Allen's family for well over a century!

my absolute favorite picture!  I think it looks like a magazine shot!




while Kim was taking my picture, Allen walked over to where a bunch of wild daffodils were growing by the road and picked a bouquet for me!  how sweet is my hubby?








We also attended several baby preparation classes at The Medical Center (the hospital where we would be delivering).  We went to Infant Safety where we got some great safety advice as well as learned infant CPR (although as Allen says, I'm hoping we don't ever have to test our knowledge on that!!), we also went to a Carseat Safety class where they taught us how to install our carseat and checked it to make sure we were good, and last but not least we attended a 2 session class on breastfeeding.  And yes, I said "we"!  Allen went with me to the classes and I have to say he was a really good sport about it!  Luckily he wasn't the only husband there or else I think he probably would've abandoned me there!

So after the showers and baby classes, we were feeling pretty prepared (well, as much as you can be for your first child!) which was good, because that leads us into the exciting month of APRIL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment