Our Biggest Blessing!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

February 2010

In February my doctor decided that due to some minor complications with my pregnancy, she would prefer that I go ahead and take early maternity leave, which of course was ok with me!  Don't get me wrong, I love my little kiddies and am so lucky to have worked at a school where I had fantastic administrators and co-workers.  But being a special ed teacher means that not only am I on my feet from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., but I spend a lot of the day just travelling from one class to the next.  It's definitely very tiring, especially when you're carrying around an extra 20 lbs.!

We also had a very sad event in February.  Allen's Aunt Janice had been suffering from heart problems since 2008 and went in for surgery in late December.  Unfortunately, her recovery didn't go as expected and she was in the ICU from the end of December until February 27th when she went to heaven to be with the Lord.  There isn't a day that passes that I don't think about her and miss her, and I know the same is true for Allen.  Next to his mother, Aunt Janice has been the most important person in his life.  She was a truly amazing and wonderful person and I'm so glad that I had the privelege to get to know her.
 Here are a few of my favorite pictures of Aunt Janice:
before a high school dance

with Uncle Jerry & Jaynie on her wedding day

with the Doc on their wedding day

holding Allen when he was a baby

a sweet pic with the Doc at Lynley's wedding

the surprise party we threw for Janice & Jaynie last summer

No comments:

Post a Comment